Indiana Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Free Chapter 13 Bankruptcy informational resources are provided on our website for reference to those in need.
In our experience, a Chapter 13 tends to be used as a last resort. Often if debtor is trying to save their car or home or they are trying to prevent or stop a garnishment and Chapter 7 is not an option. For details about Chapter 13 process, eligibility, and other information, please review the online resources made available by the US Federal Bankruptcy Court’s official website. We highly recommend taking the time to read over this information.
Here are some topics that are included in the above Chapter 13 Bankruptcy information:
- A Background of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- The Advantages of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Eligibility Requirements
- How a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Works. Including:
- Documents Required
- Filing Fee
- Role of the Trustee
- Description of an Automatic Stay & and the protection it provides
- Description of the after-filing Trustee’s Meeting of Creditors and what’s expected
- The Chapter 13 Repayment Plan and Confirmation Hearing
- Making the Repayment Plan Work
- Discharge in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Hardship Discharge in Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Additional Notes about Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
For more helpful information, see the links on the Resources & Forms Bankruptcy page.